Men’s Sober Living in
Huntington Beach, California
• Caring & Structured Environment
• Great Clinical Support
• Inspirational Experience
Structured Sober Living for Men in an Inspiring Setting
Amenities & Accommodations
Five Points Sober Living in Huntington Beach provides recovering men with an alcohol and drug free living environment that is governed by a structured set of practices and policies. The rules of conduct are explained upon entry which include:
- zero-tolerance for alcohol or drug use
- house rules & chores
- drug testing schedule
- 12-Step meeting attendance requirements
- respect for the environment and other house guests
Peer Coordinators are present as role models to help in this process as well as care for the safety and cleanliness of the facility and ensure rules are being followed.
Five Points Sober Living is part of Orange County Recovery which provides sober living environments that are structured, clean, and centrally located near:
- public transportation
- outpatient treatment services
- places of employment
- neighborhood parks
- stores that provide necessary amenities
These sober environments offer the structure, support, accountability, and life skills that are required to build a firm foundation for a productive life. The House Manager and Peer Coordinators help provide a safe and comfortable environment by enforcing house rules; otherwise, guests may backslide at this most critical point in their healing process. Ongoing support from other recovering residents and Peer Coordinators helps individuals transition into productive lives.
Five Points is also part of the Orange County Sober Living Coalition, which is an organization that provides an oversight of quality, safety and credibility for sober living in the Orange County area. We are also a member of NARR (National Association of Recovery Residences).
About Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach, also known as Surf City USA, is world renowned for its eight-mile-long stretch of ocean along Pacific Coast Highway where residents are able to enjoy the sunny southern California weather all year long. Huntington Beach offers many events and activities such as:
- frequent surfing competitions
- many different types of beaches that feature calm waves up to world class surf
- volleyball tournaments
- trails for bicycling that run along Huntington Beach’s boardwalk and the Santa Ana River
- Dog Beach (a mile long stretch of beach dedicated to dogs for playing)
- frisbee golf
- Equestrian Center for horse back riding
- Huntington Beach Central Library
- Huntington Beach Playhouse for seasonal plays.
Huntington Beach Central Park is the largest city-owned park in Orange County and consists of 350 acres of land. There are duck ponds for fishing or relaxing entertainment, outdoor concerts during the summer, a nature center, and miles of walking paths for a stroll in the park
“I don’t know what I would have done without The Cottages! They gave my daughter a safe place to go while she continued with her recovery. To be thrown back into the big scary world after her treatment would have been too much for her. God bless The Cottages and everyone involved with them for offering her a safe and loving transition.”
“My stay at the Cottages has been a great experience. I lived at a different sober living before I came here and noticed a huge difference. At the other house people were living in the problem; here, we live in the solution and try to grow one day at a time.”
“Thank God for The Cottages and the welcoming, and warm environment it has provided me in the past and now in my present. It is a great place to live and is in my opinion the only place I feel safe. It is a home that promotes change. I would suggest it to any woman who wants to grow in her sobriety because The Cottages definitely gives you the tools to become an independent and productive woman.”
“I lived at The Cottages more than once, but this is the place that I was finally able to get some sobriety. The home was clean and supportive, and I recommend it whenever women are looking for sober living in the Orange County area. The Cottages gave me a solid foundation on which to build my new sober life.”
“Growth is not limited. It is important to grow deep and strong. Think of it as a beautiful tree. The tree reaches toward the sky, tall and graceful. As I continue to grow here, I remember that I too need to be anchored in reality and nourished physically, mentally, and spiritually. This is a good place to build a foundation to let yourself grow tall and strong.”
“This is my first time living in a sober living environment. Therefore, it was extremely important to me that I selected a place that reminded me of home. To let you know The Cottages is my place away from home. ”
“The Cottages are the happiest place in Southern California. This has been one of the best places I have experienced in my recovery. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a loving, supportive, and serene place to recover.”
• Remain drug and alcohol free; drug testing required.
• Follow the 12-step program and work with a sponsor/spiritual adviser.
• Follow house rules.
• Attend at least three 12-step meetings per week and all weekly house meetings.
• All guests of Orange County Recovery must be either attend treatment, work or look for work, volunteer, attend school, or do something productive to positively enhance one’s future. It is our experience that unstructured idle time can be cause for relapse as well as stunting ones progress.
• Agree to attend treatment, work a lawful job, volunteer, attend school or other activities during daytime hours, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Agree to maintain abstinence from drugs and alcohol of any kind while living in residence. All prescription and over-the-counter medication must be approved by Head of Household.
• Agree to work a 12-step program and obtain a sponsor, which is suggested for sobriety. Sponsor to be obtained within 30 days.
• Agree to attend all house meetings and a minimum of three 12-step meetings weekly.
• Agree to a 10 p.m. curfew Sunday through Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday unless Alternative Sentencing requirements require more restrictions. Overnight passes, with approval, after 30 days.
• Agree to drug and alcohol testing and/or room search at any time. Failure to comply could result in immediate discharge.
• Agree to not use house address for anyone currently incarcerated, without approval.
• Agree to rise at a reasonable time, be dressed, make bed, clean immediate area, and have house chores completed as scheduled.
• Agree not to enter another guest’s room/area without permission. No contact with ex-guests that have been discharged due to relapse infraction.
• Agree to no romantic or sexual relationships with any guest, and understand that to do so could result in immediate discharge. Sexually explicit magazines and clothing are unacceptable.
• Agree to no threats, physical violence, possession of weapons, stealing or vandalism of house/guest’s property.
• Agree to be respectful of others upon entering sober residences.
• Agree if I leave for more than 24 hours without approval, I am subject to discharge, and my personal belongings will be held for only 30 days. This does not include food. Food will go onto “House Food” shelf to be eaten by the other guests.
• Guests must park in assigned areas. Be aware of street sweeping times.
• Agree to comply with visitation policy. No honking for ride pick-ups and no loitering in front of residences.
• Agree not to alter or affix items on house property.
• Agree to be responsible for personal property; maintain immediate area with limited amount of personal items.
• Agree to make an effort to be compatible with other guests. If behavior becomes unacceptable, it could result in discharge.
• Agree not to feed house animals anything other than designated food.
• Do not bring any pet of any kind to the sober residences unless approved by Head of Household.
Along with the many fun activities for both relaxation and building health in Orange County, there is a vibrant community of recovering people. There is a wide variety of recovery meetings, including music meetings, young people’s meetings, and speaker meetings. There is also a plethora of recovery related organizations and events like Celebrate Recovery meetings, AA and NA conventions, sober dances, and seasonal events.
For long-term recovery to take place, it is essential that those seeking a new way of life are engaged in activities and events that are healthy, positive, and self-fulfilling. Orange County Recovery supports and believes in the effective spiritual design for living that is offered through the 12-steps of Alcoholics. Anonymous. Click here to view both versions of the 12-steps: the version offered from the 12-steps and the version from the bible.
GET HELP NOW
If you or someone you love is struggling with an active addiction, then call us or fill out the form to the right so that our intake team can assess your situation and make recommendations on next steps. Five Points Recovery is a part of Orange County Recovery, which is a group of programs that provide acute to outpatient addiction treatment. Regardless of your current situation, we have training and resources to provide information and recommendations about possible next steps.