Men’s Sober Living in
Huntington Beach, California
• Caring & Structured Environment
• Great Support
• Inspirational Experience
Structured Sober Living for Men in an Inspiring Setting
Amenities & Accommodations
Five Points Sober Living in Huntington Beach provides recovering men with an alcohol and drug free living environment that is governed by a structured set of practices and policies. The rules of conduct are explained upon entry which include:
- zero-tolerance for alcohol or drug use
- house rules & chores
- drug testing schedule
- 12-Step meeting attendance requirements
- respect for the environment and other house guests
Peer Coordinators are present as role models to help in this process as well as care for the safety and cleanliness of the facility.
Five Points Sober Living is structured, clean, and centrally located near:
- public transportation
- outpatient treatment services
- places of employment
- neighborhood parks
- stores that provide necessary amenities
These sober environments offer the structure, support, accountability, and life skills that are required to build a firm foundation for a productive life. The House Parent and Peer Coordinators help provide a safe and comfortable environment by enforcing house rules; otherwise, guests may backslide at this most critical point in their healing process. Ongoing support from other recovering residents and Peer Coordinators helps individuals transition into productive lives.
Five Points is also part of the Orange County Sober Living Coalition, which is an organization that provides an oversight of quality, safety and credibility for sober living in the Orange County area. We are also a member of NARR (National Association of Recovery Residences).
About Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach, also known as Surf City USA, is world renowned for its eight-mile-long stretch of ocean along Pacific Coast Highway where residents are able to enjoy the sunny southern California weather all year long. Huntington Beach offers many events and activities such as:
- frequent surfing competitions
- many different types of beaches that feature calm waves up to world class surf
- volleyball tournaments
- trails for bicycling that run along Huntington Beach’s boardwalk and the Santa Ana River
- Dog Beach (a mile long stretch of beach dedicated to dogs for playing)
- frisbee golf
- Equestrian Center for horse back riding
- Huntington Beach Central Library
- Huntington Beach Playhouse for seasonal plays.
Huntington Beach Central Park is the largest city-owned park in Orange County and consists of 350 acres of land. There are duck ponds for fishing or relaxing entertainment, outdoor concerts during the summer, a nature center, and miles of walking paths for a stroll in the park
• Remain drug and alcohol free; drug testing required.
• Follow the 12-step program and work with a sponsor/spiritual adviser.
• Follow house rules.
• Attend at least three 12-step meetings per week and all weekly house meetings.
• All guests of our sober living homes must be either attend treatment, work or look for work, volunteer, attend school, or do something productive to positively enhance one’s future. It is our experience that unstructured idle time can be cause for relapse as well as stunting ones progress.
• Agree to attend treatment, work a lawful job, volunteer, attend school or other activities during daytime hours, Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Agree to maintain abstinence from drugs and alcohol of any kind while living in residence. All prescription and over-the-counter medication must be approved by Head of Household.
• Agree to work a 12-step program and obtain a sponsor, which is suggested for sobriety. Sponsor to be obtained within 30 days.
• Agree to attend all house meetings and a minimum of three 12-step meetings weekly.
• Agree to a 10 p.m. curfew Sunday through Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday unless Alternative Sentencing requirements require more restrictions. Overnight passes, with approval, after 30 days.
• Agree to drug and alcohol testing and/or room search at any time. Failure to comply could result in immediate discharge.
• Agree to not use house address for anyone currently incarcerated, without approval.
• Agree to rise at a reasonable time, be dressed, make bed, clean immediate area, and have house chores completed as scheduled.
• Agree not to enter another guest’s room/area without permission. No contact with ex-guests that have been discharged due to relapse infraction.
• Agree to no romantic or sexual relationships with any guest, and understand that to do so could result in immediate discharge. Sexually explicit magazines and clothing are unacceptable.
• Agree to no threats, physical violence, possession of weapons, stealing or vandalism of house/guest’s property.
• Agree to be respectful of others upon entering sober residences.
• Agree if I leave for more than 24 hours without approval, I am subject to discharge, and my personal belongings will be held for only 30 days. This does not include food. Food will go onto “House Food” shelf to be eaten by the other guests.
• Guests must park in assigned areas. Be aware of street sweeping times.
• Agree to comply with visitation policy. No honking for ride pick-ups and no loitering in front of residences.
• Agree not to alter or affix items on house property.
• Agree to be responsible for personal property; maintain immediate area with limited amount of personal items.
• Agree to make an effort to be compatible with other guests. If behavior becomes unacceptable, it could result in discharge.
• Agree not to feed house animals anything other than designated food.
• Do not bring any pet of any kind to the sober residences unless approved by Head of Household.
Along with the many fun activities for both relaxation and building health in Orange County, there is a vibrant community of recovering people. There is a wide variety of recovery meetings, including music meetings, young people’s meetings, and speaker meetings. There is also a plethora of recovery related organizations and events like Celebrate Recovery meetings, AA and NA conventions, sober dances, and seasonal events.
For long-term recovery to take place, it is essential that those seeking a new way of life are engaged in activities and events that are healthy, positive, and self-fulfilling. Orange County Recovery supports and believes in the effective spiritual design for living that is offered through the 12-steps of Alcoholics. Anonymous. Click here to view both versions of the 12-steps: the version offered from the 12-steps and the version from the bible.
GET HELP NOW
If you or someone you love is struggling with an active addiction, then call us or fill out the form to the right so that our intake team can assess your situation and make recommendations on next steps. Five Points Recovery is affiliated with Orange County Recovery, which is a group of programs that provide acute to outpatient addiction treatment. Regardless of your current situation, we have training and resources to provide information and recommendations about possible next steps.